I want to personally welcome all Meadowmount Staff and Students. Please read the instructions, and then fill out the form below.
Pianists: Please tell us about any problems or thoughts you wish to share with us about this piano.
- Using the following nomenclature will help us to understand what you mean.
- If the problem is not fixed, or returns, please tell us again.
- Left Pedal = una corda pedal, soft pedal, shift pedal, or left pedal
- Center pedal = sostenuto, center pedal, or middle pedal
- Right pedal = sustain pedal, damper pedal, loud pedal, or right pedal
Notes are most easily named by the full octave they are in, starting with the lowest C:
- The lowest three notes in the bass are marked A0, A#0, B0
- Which leads to the first full octave which then becomes C1, C#1, D1, D#1, etc.
- Middle C is designated C4
Some descriptive examples of a problem might be:
- “G4 key doesn’t repeat well with the sustain pedal held down.”
- “F#6 sounds like two notes are playing when using the una corda pedal.”
- “Something is rattling inside the piano when playing notes from F2 to C#3.”